Saturday, May 12, 2012

On the Bench

I'm not a big fan of citrine, but this one sure caught my eye. Orange, double cut star, decahedron (12 sides), 13+ carats. Ah! Nothing like a setting challenge!


I'll have more about the setting and how it was made in a Storybook Jewelry feature, but I decided to keep the emphasis on the stone itself, the setting had to be minimalist. So here's a picture of the necklace with the lovely setting on a neck wire.


Here's another view:



The neck wire looks odd because it's not sitting on a neck form. It's shaped to lay on the collar bones so as to not stick straight out. I also found out I need to turn the termination 90 degrees so it'll flat against the neck. Duh! Obvious things are not always apparent right out of the gate.

Okay, okay, just one more picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment